- Up to 50% of the signs of visible skin aging come fromour environment, not genetics.
- Climate, UV exposure, pollution, sleep and stress can all accelerate skin aging.
- Turn back the clock by minimizing skin stressors, using SPF daily, and being proactive with your skin care.
There are a host of factors that contribute to the way our skin ages. Of course, taking care of our skin is crucial—but did you know that up to 50% of visible signs of skin aging can also come not from genetics, but from our environment? Factors like climate, UV exposure, pollution, sleep, diet, and stress can all accelerate skin aging. Read on to find out more about the causes and visible results of skin aging – and what you can do to help skin fight back.
the visible results of skin aging
As noted above, skin aging can be heavily influenced by our environment and lifestyle. The effects of these factors can manifest in a number of ways that accelerate skin aging, including:
- Skin's oxygen levels can become depleted, which leads to a dull, tired appearance
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin
so, how can we turn back the clock to minimize visible skin aging?
It sounds simple, but the easiest way to do this is to protect your skin from negative environmental factors. This means no more dehydrated days or late nights! It's important to treat your entire body right, from the inside out, to help minimize the effects of skin aging over time. Some ways to do this are:
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours per night).
- Drink more water. Yes, the 8 glasses a day recommendation is imperative!
- Minimize overprocessed food, which can lead to dull skin.
- Use SPF daily – even when it's cloudy. Sunscreen use is key in protecting skin from exposure to environmental pollution and harmful UV rays, which can lead to hyperpigmentation, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
it's time to get proactive with your skin care
The right skin care products can go a long way in turning back the clock on skin aging. Phyto Nature formulas combat the negative effects of our environment and lifestyle by addressing the damage that leads to premature skin aging. These innovative firming and lifting formulas utilize rare and premium actives to reawaken the nature of younger looking skin, reduce visible signs of skin aging, and defend against future damage.
start with a serum
Phyto Nature Firming Serum is clinically proven to give 4 years back by reducing the appearance of premature wrinkles. This combination of two serums in one works quickly and over time to flash-firm, lift, and revitalize skin while also reinforcing its defenses against the damage that drives premature skin aging. It's clinically proven to double skin's luminosity and minimize the appearance of fine lines after just 1 application and reduce visible wrinkles in 4 weeks.
- Sapphire-bound biomimetic peptides help firm skin and reinforce skin's defenses.
- Sustainably sourced Amazonian Camu Camu from Peru helps prolong radiance.
- Caffeic Acid from Madagascar Green Coffee Bean is a phyto-active that works with skin's microbiome to help revitalize skin and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
don't skip the moisturizer
Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream breathes new life into aging skin. It's clinically proven to give 4 years back by reducing the appearance of premature wrinkles – and skin looks firmer and more lifted after 1 week of use. This firming and lifting liquid moisturizer is formulated with hydrating, oxygen-optimizing phytoactives to help skin better absorb and utilize oxygen—firming, revitalizing, and plumping as it oxygenates to leave skin looking smooth and strong.
- Ligustrum Lucidum seed, Glycogen, and Nasturtium Flower optimize skin's oxygenation process to firm and energize.
- Adaptogenic Astragalus smooths and tightens, while Squalane and Luffa Root firm.
- Antioxidant-rich Rose of Winter soothes and boosts skin's resilience.